Viewing Issue E

Negative factors reduce the value of my property (e.g. noise)

Talk to BC Assessment about your concern. Are you satisfied with their response?


  • Contact BC Assessment.
  • Explain why the negative factor reduces your property value.
  • Ask BC Assessment if they have already reduced your assessment for this concern.
  • Both of you should listen carefully to each other's reasons.

If you both agree your assessment should change, ask BC Assessment to confirm they will request the Board approve the change.

If you both agree that no change is necessary, then you should advise the Board that you want to discontinue (or withdraw) your appeal.

You are finished evaluating this issue.


Have a question on this topic?

Need help?