Instructions for question:
- Talk to BC Assessment and ask them to explain how they arrived at your assessment.
- Review with BC Assessment your market value opinion and your evidence.
Normally, you and BC Assessment cannot "prove" that your property is worth one precise figure. Because it is difficult to estimate the value, usually you can only say that your property is worth something within a range of values.
- You say "my property is worth between $425,000 and $450,000". Any assessment within this range could be correct.
- BC Assessment says your property value is $440,000 to $475,000.
- Your ranges overlap. There is some agreement the value falls between $440,000 and $450,000.
- Your answer to this question would be "Yes".